Listening to the Voice of Truth

Thursday, September 20, 2007


[recently there have been so many times in a day where i desperately crave to listen to what God has to say. I seem to have endless qns to ask him! i feel that i needed to hear His voice-to hear what He has to say about my questions. I have never felt so strongly about hearing God's voice before. Now i just want to hear His voice. I often ask him qns like; "God am i doing this right?" "Am i doing the right thing?" "Lord what should i do?" "Lord what do u want me to do in this situation?" I wanted so much to lean on His answers bcos i have realised that His ways are the best. His will is good, pleasing and perfect, as mentioned in Roms 12:2 "Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
I've realised that there are, had been many situations i am in where i am rendered helpless or inadequate, and the only way and best way is to listen to what God has to say and then do what He says. There had also been times recently where i had gotten confused about what is really the truth about certain matters and persons. seems like i dunno what is the truth of the matter anymore. and it is frustrating to be without an answer, to be not having any idea about what is true. that's scary isnt it? ya that's exactly how i feel..
it is scary when u dunno what is true anymore.
then i was gladly to be reminded that the bible mentioned that the Holy Spirit will guide us into all truth.-john 16:13. Jesus had also said in the bible that he is "the way and the truth and the life."-John 14:6
Dear Lord Jesus, i only want to believe what You have to say and what you have said in Your word for i know You are the truth. You are the God of truth. I will choose to listen to You.]

Voice of Truth-Casting Crowns
Oh what I would do to have
The kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone

Into the realm of the unknown where Jesus is

And He's holding out His hand
But the waves are calling out my name

And they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy, you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

Chorus:
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
The voice of truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
The voice of truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth


Oh what I would do to have

The kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant
With just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound of a thousand warriors
Shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand

But the giant's calling out my name
And he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
Time and time again. "Boy you'll never win!""You'll never win!"

But the stone was just the right size
To put the giant on the ground
And the waves they don't seem so high
From on top of them lookin' down
I will soar with the wings of eagles

When I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
Singing over me

I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth.







About Me

Serene, 25, Christian
a sinner saved by God's grace.
a beloved child of God.
a social worker (youth).
a daughter.
a sister to 2 younger siblings.




Your Love

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." -1 John 4:10




Loves n Adores

*God; the Father, Son Jesus and Holy Spirit
*Family; Tan
*Church; Grace Assembly of God
*My close friends
*My cell group; AHH (After His Heart)
*Youths
*Missions
*Children
*Good food, Chocolates and Ice-cream!


Lyrics | Chris Tomlin lyrics - Made To Worship lyrics

past

August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010





Chat






Links

Church
REACH FSC
Joule Club Blog
Sis
Couz Michelle
Couz Tina
Couz Joey
Andrew
Ben
Beni
Jennifer
Jenn
Swee Sing
Esther
Johan
Jessica
Josiah
Joi
Rachel Choo
Weiyu
Matt
Liren
Gideon
Jessina
Bro CS and Sis Ernie
PA


joos

images

photohost

blogger