"Clank. Clank"
God is knocking at the room of pride. My pride.
If God got ahold of this room, I knew it was Dorksville for me.
"God" I remeber saying "If you come into this room, then i'm going to end up looking like an idiot!"
"Clank. Clank"
Then I had a stroke of genius!
"God! Someone may see me looking like an idiot. Someone who knows I am also a Christian. You wouldn't want that to happen! That might give you a bad name!"
Have you ever noticed God never loses a debate?
God made it clear to me in His ever gentle way that if He were concerned about his reputation, He would not have chosen someone like me to represent Him in the first place. And if He were pursuing popularity, he would not have allowed Himself to be hung naked between 2 thieves on a cross.
-adapted from "When God writes Your Love Story." by Eric and Leslie Ludy
ps: If you ever found it hard to give up this area of your life to God, i.e your pride, i hope this will encourage you. Remember, God is interested in your character. when you give up that precious favourite fake pearl necklace that you hold so dear and give it to God, He replaces it with a genuine pearl necklace. the question you need to ask yourself is, are you willing to give up things you hold dear to receive something better from God?