guess this post was long overdue.. CNY's gonna be over in 5 more days!
Cny's an even i always look forward to every yr, without fail. I love the gathering. I love the food. I love the activities that our group of cousins always do. I love the 'catching-up' with my relatives. I love seeing my baby and toddlers cousins, they are so cute!
and,
i love the way everything seems to converge on that new yr eve after diverging for the rest of the 364 days.This yr was no exception. Esp the food. EVery yr, my grandma (paternal) would get up super early on the eve and prepare the reunion food. And she's 72 this yr. I hope she continues to do so every yr but i also know she's getting old. So i really appreciate her presence even though i dont tell her. I do not want to take her granted. She's forever our loving grandma.
The head of the family since Grandpa died 15 yrs ago. She's the one who single-handedly held the whole family together. The sons, daughter and the grandchildren. She's the one who never fails to call her sons and grandchildren to remind them to come for dinners, celebrations. She's the one who planned her own bdae celebration and informed her children and grandchilden to attend. She's the one who encourages her grandchildren when parents are not capable to do so. She's the one whom ask her grandchildren about their BGRS, studies, life and family. She's one whom all her grandchildren feel comfortable to talk to. She offers her grandchildren advices beyond what parents can give. She's proud of all of her grandchildren.
She's all we have. She's all she can ever be, to us."Grandma, we love you."
Dear God, i pray for Grandma's salvation. Dear God, touch her. Let her know You are good to her. Help her know you. Reach out to her. Bring her to you Lord. Help us as grandchildren to continue to love, respect and care for her the way we should. Lord, help her find you. Save our loving Grandma, O God. Thank you Lord. In Jesus's name i pray. Amen.